Wheres the community?

Notice any problems? Have a suggestion? Want to offer praise or criticism? This is the place to do it.

Wheres the community?

Postby HotRod58er » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:12 pm

Where is everybody? We could team up with our sister site Buick-59.com becuase alot of them love the 58's as well. That would help.... There is alot of traffic on that site. We need to get more people on this site! It is vital to the survival of our community! My 2 Cents.

Josh
Reverance for the past-ensures the future

Cars
1997 Buick Riviera (yes its supercharged)
1959 Buick LeSabre 4 door sedan (45,000 original miles)
HotRod58er

Re: Wheres the community?

Postby 58limited » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:12 pm

About the time I moved the group from Yahoo to here posts really declined. The Yahoo group is still up, but no one is posting there either. I sent a message to all registered users through the Yahoo site asking if they wanted to stay with this forum or go back to the Yahoo site. I only got three replies out of over 100 members: two for staying and one who prefered Yahoo. I was having trouble with Yahoo: time delays in posting my messages (I would respond and my post wouldn't show for 12 hours, but other members would reply during that time), and I wasn't always notified if someone applied to join or I wouldn't receive new message posts.

I think that right now everyone is busy doing other things, and the economy and gas prices haven't helped. I know I'm busy: I've got several projects: I'm building a storage shed, restoring several Spilhaus Space Clocks and a Musser Copernican Planitarium, working on a few of my cars, and I'm Vehicle Eligibility Chairman for my car club, which means I have to go to car events that I might otherwise skip to work on the other things. On top of this, I decided to form a non-profit group to help restore and maintain the biggest mansion in town - it is owned by the city (the family gave it to the citizens in the 1940s) but they can't handle everything.

I like the '59 Buicks, but for now this site will stay separate. The '58 and '59 Buick share many, if not most, mechanical parts. But the styling is radically different. 1959 was GM's entry year into Jet Age/Space Age atomic design while 1958 was "Old School" in design. I've talked with some of the members, and random '58 Buick owners I have run across, and they like having a forum dedicated just to their year of car. Several Limited owners even asked - jokingly - if we should form a '58 Buick Limited Club and act snooty towards Cadillac owners.
1958 Buick Limited Riviera Coupe Model 755

Other cars:
1953 Chevrolet 3100 Pickup
1957 Pontiac Transcontinental Safari
1968 Ford Galaxie 500 HT
1977 Lincoln Continental Convertible
58limited
Site Admin

Re: Wheres the community?

Postby HotRod58er » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:33 pm

I think that having a discussion topic just for Limited series cars because of there uniqueness and one of a kind design. I think they do deserve a seperate topic.
Reverance for the past-ensures the future

Cars
1997 Buick Riviera (yes its supercharged)
1959 Buick LeSabre 4 door sedan (45,000 original miles)
HotRod58er

Return to Feedback