Transmission blues

Check here for the lastest information about this forum, its policies, rules, changes, backup schedule, features, etc

Transmission blues

Postby Tripod » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:14 pm

Hello All, i just inherited my grandmother 58 buick special, I must say I'm very proud to have her. 65k miles and shes all original gal. However shes been sitting for awhile, and I noticed a-lot of transmission fluid leaking out the side right side when I run her around town, its making a mess of things and the whole right side under area is wet. I'm thinking its were the trans dipstick is attached. I pulled the dipstick tube hoping to finded a o-ring but its not, looks more like a beveled seal. is there supposed to be a o-ring there?
Tripod

Re: Transmission blues

Postby Tripod » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:05 am

Looks like no one on no this forum any more, its to bad. These are great cars, however to answer my own ? I did replace the oil ring on the dip stick tube on the tranny oil pan and that seem to work good, but apparently no one responded, so I'm not sure why I'm typing this...lolx10 - anywho have a good day "Non functional forum :D
Tripod

Re: Transmission blues

Postby Smartin » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:44 pm

I check in from time to time, but not every day, and I miss a few posts. Glad to see you fixed the problem.
Smartin
'58 Buick Addict

Return to Forum Information and Rules