Carburetor Rebuild Kits

Ask here if you are looking for a facility to perform labor on your 1958 Buick. You should also post your recommended suppliers or servicers here for others to find. If you have questions or information about Part Numbers and Cross References post them here. Want to name a vendor you had a good, or bad, experience with? Post your comments here, but please stick to the facts - remember that you can possibly be held legally liable for slanderous comments in our sue-happy society. Disclaimer: Opinions posted here do not reflect the views and opinions of the 1958BuickForum.net. The 1958BuickForum.net does not actively endorse any vendors, nor does the 1958BuickForum.net recommend against using any particular vendors.

Carburetor Rebuild Kits

Postby 58limited » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:16 pm

I found a source for kits, including accelerator pumps, for the Rochesters. They also supply kits for Carter and Stromberg carbs.

http://www.thecarburetorshop.com/

I bought one and it performs great! I also found out that two different Rochester numbers were used in 1958: 7011600 uses kit #1140, 7013100 uses kit #1141. You MUST have the carb tag number to order from this place - every year Rochester tweaked the carbs so the kit for each year and carb model number is different. If your carb tag is missing, the number is usually stamped onto the air horn (top of carb) - you have to look closely and make sure the top is clean to see the number.

This shop has all of the blue prints for carbs from pre-war to 1970s. Each kit is custom-made for your carb number. There were no extra parts in my kit, only what I needed. The accelerator pump had the correct leather plunger instead of rubber. It cost me about $60.00 - including shipping. When dealing with old original carbs, keep in mind that some are just plain worn out and rebuilding them will not fix them.
1958 Buick Limited Riviera Coupe Model 755

Other cars:
1953 Chevrolet 3100 Pickup
1957 Pontiac Transcontinental Safari
1968 Ford Galaxie 500 HT
1977 Lincoln Continental Convertible
58limited
Site Admin

Return to Vendors and Vendor Feedback, Part Numbers and Cross References