Headlight Issue.....

Wiring, power windows, power seats, radios, heaters, fans, motors, relays, air conditioning, autronic eye, and other accessories or wiring-related items.

Headlight Issue.....

Postby 58special » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:32 pm

First of all, hello to all. I'm a longtime Canadian Hot Rodder from away back that just seems to "muddle along"....:). A few years back I stumbled across a 58 Special 2 door hardtop with 55,000 original miles and snapped it up. With a little interior work, fresh paint and some re-chroming I know have a wonderful cruiser. Now for the fly in my soup.........

My headlights have ceased to work. Neither high or low beam. All other lights function as they should. I went looking for maybe a blown fuse......and low and behold there isn't a fuse for the headlights on the block. Should I be searching elsewhere for the fuse or is there a fuse?......Any and all suggestions are most welcome on what my problem may be. I also thought it may be a faulty dimmer switch....would that make any sense? I had a faulty one on my 38 rod at one time that caused my headlights to work intermittently.

Again, any and all suggestions are most welcomed.
58special

Re: Headlight Issue.....

Postby Smartin » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:03 am

It could easily be your dimmer OR main switch. Or you have a short somewhere. Have you traced the wires back to the harness to make sure you haven't pinched or run through a wire with a screw?
Smartin
'58 Buick Addict

Re: Headlight Issue.....

Postby 58special » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:42 pm

Must be a short.....changed out my dimmer and tried a new main switch. I was wondering if the voltage regulator may be the problem.....
58special

Return to Electrical and Accessories