Lower front fender attachment

Paint, sheet metal, hood ornaments, trim, emblems, seats, carpet, dashboards, etc.

Lower front fender attachment

Postby Boots43 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:49 pm

Hello Gents, I am in need of a photo of the area behind the front wheel on the inside of the fender to see how it attaches.Both lower fenders and the bracing are rotted away so I have to fabricate the lower bracing and sheet metal. The sheet metal isn't a problem, I just need to see how it attaches to the body. Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance!! Boots43
Boots43

Re: Lower front fender attachment

Postby Smartin » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:22 pm

My fenders were ok, but the mounting areas were completely gone. Here is what I made, when I replaced the rockers. I am not 100% sure about the exact measurement I need...so I may have to bend that mounting point in or out a bit to make the bottom of the fender line up.

Smartin
'58 Buick Addict

Postby Boots43 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:49 pm

Thankyou for replying!! I went ahead and ordered the two lower fender sections from Frank Lyle. I also had to rebuild the area of the rocker panel like you did. They came out about the same as yours. Thankyou again. I will try to post pics of my project soon. My car was a Florida RUST bucket,alot of welding!! Good job on your car keep up on the pics. Boots 43
Boots43

Postby Smartin » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:16 pm

I'd love to see some photos of your project! Frank is a great source for 58 parts and knowledge...great to deal with, too.

I installed the drivers side fender yesterday and it fit perfectly....no hammering or modifications needed to the "new" piece I made on the cowl.
Smartin
'58 Buick Addict

Return to Body, Trim, Interiors