Century Dash repair

Paint, sheet metal, hood ornaments, trim, emblems, seats, carpet, dashboards, etc.

Century Dash repair

Postby CoyoteJim » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:46 pm

Can anyone tell me if there is a supplier out there that sells a replacement dash pad? my century has the infamous sagging issue. OR, does anyone have some info on doing a DIY repair?

Thanks.
CoyoteJim

Re: Century Dash repair

Postby Smartin » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:25 pm

There is no reproduction dash pad available. www.justdashes.com can reproduce it from what you have, but it's usually around $1k to do it. There is another company that does it, but I can't recall the name right now.

If the material is not cracked and is still supple, you can peel it off the frame and rebuild the foam backing...then glue the material back on.
Smartin
'58 Buick Addict

Re: Century Dash repair

Postby mrbthebarber » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:57 pm

This is copied from a post today on a 58 Buick FB page -

My experience with the dash pad was fraught with frustration, but, finally eventual happiness. The grey old pad is the original. I sent them off to an American company, and they did a terrible job for $1250. You can see, there are only very slight grooves in their pads and the backs look bad. The grain in the material is wrong too. They said no one could duplicate the original heat sealed seams today. I finally got my money back, after a lot of fussing, so, I'm not going to say who it was. I then sent the same dashs to Sweden, and LOOK AT THE DIFFERENCE!! The last picture is what I got back, and it was $1150. I am thrilled with the quality, and fit. I highly recommend them.
RD Autoline
Fabriksgatan 20
571 62 Bodafors
Sweden
Phone:+46(0)380-370313
Fax:+46(0)380-370077
E-mail: info@autoline.se
Web: http://www.autoline.se
Warehouse in USA
RD Autoline
31339 Valley Center Rd
Valley Center
CA 92082
USA
info@autoline.se
Web: http://www.autoline.se
I'm in the U.K and have owned a 4dr Century, 4dr Limited, 2dr Limited ( still own after 18 years ) and a Limited convertable...
mrbthebarber

Return to Body, Trim, Interiors