1958 Buick Limited convertible interior color question

Details such as correct colors, plating material, inspection marks, orientation, etc. Generally this category is for people interested in Concours showing or just making their babies perfect.

1958 Buick Limited convertible interior color question

Postby Centurion » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:48 pm

I am a long-time Buick collector and BCA member, but, sadly, have never had the opportunity to own a '58 Buick. But I've always loved these cars!

A professional model builder in the United Kingdom is presently converting a 1/43-scale model of the '58 Roadmaster 75 4-door Riviera into a Limited convertible, and the car will be furnished in either "Blue Mist" or "Green Mist". My understanding the leather interiors of the Limited convertibles were available in silver, red, blue mist, or green mist.

Here's my question:

I have seen images of Green Mist or Blue Mist convertibles where the seat upholstery displays a two-tone treatment of contrasting shades of green or blue. Here, for example, is a YouTube video of a Blue Mist convertible that has the interior style I'm referring to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOA-eWqpe5k

Is the two-tone interior treatment correct, or should the interior have been restored in a single, solid color of Blue Mist?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Brian Laurance, BCA #5168
1959 Buick Electra 4-door hardtop
Centurion

Return to Authenticity